PPK and Nikki Beach wished to develop a successful resort in Hvar Island. However, they had limited experience in the development of mixed-use resorts, so they needed advice to make decisions about several aspects: how to combine real-estate and hotel business, which were the markets to target, which would be the most efficient use of the land, etc.
THR helped PPK and Nikki Beach in the design of the resort through a market analysis, the design of a business model, a programme and a master plan.
A complete master plan was developed for the resort. All of it, with the objective of guaranteeing the resort's competitiveness and its idiosyncratic qualities compared its competitors.
The plan included:
Sketch of St Juraj Bay Resort's master plan
- A diagnostic of target markets and mid-term demand potential
- An analysis of real-estate attractiveness for the main source markets (assets and different ownership formulas)
- A business model
- A programme (mix of products and sizes within the resort)
- A master plan
The development would be built on approximately 40 hectares of land controlled by the investor. It would include the following components:
Images of the apartments and hotel architecture
- 2 luxury hotels (4 and 5 stars), with approximately 300 rooms / apartments (975 beds)
- Approximately 425 luxury residences (apartments, semi-dettached houses and villas up to about 2,200 beds)
- A beach club under the "Nikki Beach" brand
- A spa with the "ESPA" brand
- 2 town centres, including shopping centres, restaurants and services
- Quay facilities
- Sports and leisure facilities
- Green spaces