Juan Carlos Peralta
"Tourism will very shortly represent the world's main economic activity. Despite being a fairly recent activity, it handles an immense business volume and it presents numerous and diverse investment opportunities."Contact Juan Carlos Peralta: email@example.com
Degree in Economics and business from ESADE, Barcelona. Master's in business Management from ESADE, Barcelona. Member of the Official Register of Accounting Auditors and the Accountants Institute of Barcelona.
Juan Carlos has been working in the sector for over 25 years as a consultant at executive and managing levels. His areas of expertise are economic, financial and administrative management of big hotel chains and firms of the sector. He is an expert at designing and managing investment firms projects, business negotiations and communication systems.
He belonged to the Arthur Andersen firm for 19 years, of which he was the International Associate for the last 7 years. He was responsible for Tourism and Hotel Practices for Spain.
He has worked for most of the big holiday hotels chains, several travel agencies and domestic and international tour operators, as well as many charter air companies and cruise ports.
He participated for two years (2000-2001) in starting GRUBARGES, a project created by the BBVA, FCC and Barceló Hotels.
GRUBARGES started up with the purchase of 30 hotels in Spain, the USA and Mexico, with an initial investment of over €725M.
Member of the Directive Board of Riu Hotels (1999-2000) and General Finances, Administration and Information Systems Director. He supervised a team of 150 people, including external consultants and support. RIU Hotels: participated by TUI (the world's biggest tour operator) owns or manages over 100 hotels in over 20 tourist destinations, half of them in Spain.
With THR and Arthur Andersen, he has also directed and participated in numerous opportunity assessment studies or analyses, cost-benefit analyses, development plans and viability studies in the tourist sector in general. Moreover, he elaborated the viability study for Chiapas's cruise port.
He has abundant experience both in Mexico and in other countries: Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Tunisia, Morocco, the Dominican Republic and Cuba
- Management of a €750M investment for the purchase of 30 hotels in Spain, the USA and Mexico
- Representation of a Financial Group before the Government of the Dominican Republic for tourist projects investments
- Development of Multiple Projects for the Public and Private Sectors in Palma de Mallorca
- Opportunity Identification and Promotion in Hidalgo and Veracruz, Mexico
- Viability Plan for the tourism development of the Taghazout Centre, Morocco
- Tourism Development Viability Plan for the Bouregreg Valley, Morocco
- Offer Structuring and Sale and Distribution Design for the Universal Forum of Cultures-2004
Some successful stories
Veracruz is one of the states with greater diversity of natural ecosystems in Mexico. It also possesses a wide and rich …